Our slogan is “To efficient result via optimal process”. The key features of our e-training process are as follows:
- students’ cognitive development is realized within a training environment modeling the existential process of human self development in 5 stages: 1) identifying personal sense and 2) individual resources, 3) choosing training strategy, 4) practicing and 5) evaluating;
- training managementis based on metacognitive approach including students’ knowledge about self, about cognition and about subject with different level of tutorial support (self-tutor, e-tutor and expert tutor);
- students’ language competenceis developed as real internal activity of perceiving and producing speech utterances;
- students’ speech skills developmentis realized step by step in an optimal way when the result of the previous action becomes the means of the following action.
The whole training is organized as a problem solving process. From the very beginning students get metacognitive orientation in their training online by answering 3 questions:
- “Where am I now?”. To answer this question students have a pretest to build their individual cognitive profile in the contexts of FCE;
- “Where do I want to be?”. To answer this question students get knowledge about FCE format and requirements;
- “How can I get there?” To answer this question students get their individual training program based on the gaps that were identified by overlapping their individual and FCE profiles.
SmartEnglishOnline consists of 7 courses;
- Strategic Orientation Course – SOC (5 units);
- Vocabulary Training Course – VTC (20 units);
- Grammar Training Course – GTC (25 units);
- Writing Training Course – WTC (25 units);
- Listening Training Course – LTC (20 units);
- Speaking Training Course STC (20 units);
- Exam Practice Course – EPC (12 units).
All courses can be learnt separately but the optimal way is when they are mastered progressively:
VTC on the base of SOC
GTC on the base of SOC + VTC
WTC on the base of SOC + VTC + GTC
LTC on the base of SOC + VTC + GTC + WTC
STC on the base of SOC + VTC + GTC + WTC + LTC
Every course is organized in accordance with the optimal conditions for self-development and has the following structure:
- Metacognitive Orientation in the course including:
- Individual training program based on pretest results (in the format of Progress Bar that serves both for navigation and evaluation);
- Video Preview of the course for grasping the general idea;
- Power Point Presentation for detailed metacognitive orientation;
- Tutorial for information/instructions in concrete activities;
- Interactive Practices in the format of training units based on FCE profile integrated with original smart simulators, scrolling exercisers and MNEMO-techniques. The courses have the following structures:
- Strategic Orientation Course– SOC: provides metacognitive strategic orientation: 1) in the principles, structure, methods, techniques & tools of SmartEnglishOnline in the context of FCE; 2) in the English Language System. Practical activity is aimed at constructing Strategic Model of English language based on human thinking approach and derived from the language essence on the way of the following history of the human language origin. All after-activity is based on this Strategic Model that is gradually concretized with the content of corresponding units. On this stage students identify their own cognitive scheme and its gaps for realizing sense of developing their own training program. Cross-Form mnemotechnique is used for memorizing 26 forms of English verb.
- Vocabulary Training Course– VTC: practical activities in Reading-Writing-Listening-Speaking supported by Visor & Lexical Mind Map mnemotechniques aimed at memorizing thematic vocabulary;
- Grammar Training Course– GTC: cognitive & practical activities in Reading-Writing-Listening-Speaking supported by Visor & CrossForms mnemotechniques aimed at memorizing grammar vocabulary & rules;
- Writing Training Course– WTC: practical activities aimed at developing Writing skills on the bases of original technique “Smart Writing Matrix”. Matrix structure together with the step by step instructions help to form and drill the internal actions used for writing documents as well as evaluating them in accordance with FCE requirements. The activity is supported by Model answers and Lexical Mind Maps aimed at prompting ideas and memorizing useful vocabulary;
- Listening Training Course – LTC: practical activities in listening aimed at the development of listening skills in the context of CEF;
- Speaking Training Course– STC: practical activities in Reading-Writing-Listening-Speaking for developing Speaking skills on the bases of original technique “Smart Speaking Matrix”. Matrix structures together with increasingly complex tasks are aimed at the step by step formation & drill of the internal actions used for perception and producing speech utterances as well as evaluating their performance in accordance with FCE requirements. The activity is preceded by MNEMO-techniques (Visor, Lexical Mind Map & Scrolling) aimed at memorizing & drilling thematic & useful vocabulary via grammatical constructions and is supported by Model answers and Lexical Mind Maps aimed at prompting ideas and memorizing useful vocabulary;
- Exam Practice Course– EPC: developing practical skills in taking CEF including Grammar-Vocabulary-Reading-Writing-Listening-Speaking.
- Final test and evaluation for building the individual achievement profile in the context of FCE.
Our database includes: GTC (25 modules, 280 interactive practices); VTC (47 modules, 457 interactive practices); WTC (25 complex interactive matrix, 150 interactive practices); LTC (20 modules, 80 interactive practices); STC (29 modules, 600 interactive practices); EPC (12 modules, 280 tests); 6 modules of e-complex management (1283 cases), 8 video lectures; 19 video clips; 8 PPT of lectures (645 slides); 5 interactive vocabularies (2172 articles, 1409 audio records); 278 interactive mind maps (4318 articles); 57 scrolling exercisers (1505 cases); 19 interactive cross-form matrix (603 cases); 32 interactive grammatical tables (155 cases); 48 tutorials (48 video presentations).